Sunday, July 21, 2019

My inner bookkeeper loves this

Isn't that a nice word? Three double letters in succession, where was I, oh right.

After I got two columns stitched together, and had to refer to the pictures to see which way up they went, I realized that if this is going to be portable, it needs a better command system.



I used masking tape up the back of the first two columns, but didn't like how it pulled when I took it off as I sewed along.



So, I numbered the columns and the blocks' positions in the columns. That way, even if I drop the lot,  I can easily establish what goes where and which way up.

Then each column of patches got its own envelope. I refrained from numbering the envelopes, since that would veer into ocd territory, and it's better not to. This project is compulsive enough.

And I didn't label the Ziploc bag I put all the moving parts into. I have a feeling I would not be safe with a label maker, somehow.

I can see my house all labeled up like those diagrams in beginners' foreign language books. Wall! Table! Pen of Gardener's Aunt! ( old French teacher joke).


2 comments:

  1. I can certainly see the need of a labeling system because I know I'd upend the entire lot on the floor in short order.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That was my fear, too. And using a photo to reconstruct it is a bit laborious. I tested the system today, took a random envelope and stitched the pieces. Worked nicely.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for commenting! it means a lot to me to know you're out there and reading and enjoying.