Thursday, July 25, 2019

First epp project done, yay!

All the columns stitched up, here's the result, pressed and looking good, before the Removal of the Basting and the Retrieval of the Templates.




It's fun to find that I didn't catch any template in the final stitching, so they were easily removed, once the basting stitches came out.



This was fun, though it was a bit like topping and tailing where you sometimes  throw the fruit among the stems and have to fish it out. I had to rummage in the debris for a template here and there.



And the patchwork looks like fabric, great joins, no gaps, rayon is forgiving.

I have a piece of sage green linen to mount it on for a pillow top, with another piece of linen for the back.

Meanwhile I followed up on the paper piecing book by downloading and printing out her templates so I can get adventurous. 35 pages, to be exact.



 A lifetime supply. The book is really only half the story.

And my other reference book on various quilting approaches arrived. From the V and A. And very good.

Can I admit I have ordered a bunch of various cotton bits, and template plastic..so I can get right into Flossie's designs. Well, I have.


Now I plan to have a pot of tea.

4 comments:

  1. stop that. you're having entirely too much fun. =)

    (that is a very impressive piece of work, btw...)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! Yes, best fun in years. And flossie caught a tweet with a link to the blog about her book. She's being very encouraging, always nice. She probably wonders what she's unleashed!

    Now I'm searching for odd bits of fabric with designs I can isolate and use in projects. I have very little fabric lying around, so this is an interesting challenge. I don't need much, since these are quite small works. Flossie's not the only person wondering what's been unleashed.

    ReplyDelete
  3. AHA! You have been assimilated!! Isn't having fun what we're supposed to be doing?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well, speaking as a person who tends to turn everything into work, getting very serious and earnest, it's not always a natural state for me. But I'm working towards it.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for commenting! it means a lot to me to know you're out there and reading and enjoying.