Saturday, June 8, 2019

The potholder loom returns

Bit of spinning, bit of dyeing to get the yellow I need, then a couple of sections of the summer scarf I was thinking of before, when  the rhl turned it into a wall hanging. I'm just a helpless prawn of fate, I tell you.


There will be a series of sections, to be crocheted together in some interesting way I haven't thought of yet.

This is very airy. The Tunisian crochet hook is working as a  weaving hook. I also use it as a shed stick on the Hokett loom. All purpose tool.

And, when I found the potholder loom, I remembered the little motif, top left there,  I hadn't taken off it, so I did. This is handspun and dyed, and it will be part of something bigger. I think. Interesting organic shape.

I have three tapestries in the studio waiting to be framed, and I think all this may be displacement activity to avoid the dreaded, I mean great fun of,  framing.

4 comments:

  1. love the potholder loom thing: it reminds me of wings (or, rather, one wing waiting for it's mate)--maybe a future butterfly...?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad I read this because it satisfied a curiosity about what a Tunisian hook looks like. Nice to know it's multi-function too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's the one that people look at in puzzlement, why is it so BIG?

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for commenting! it means a lot to me to know you're out there and reading and enjoying.