Thursday, July 17, 2014

Molded Paper experiment and tiles

The weather cooperated and dried the paper off pretty well, so I was able to unmold the pieces I put on the tiles and the shell.  Some of them were too fragile to hold up, so they will be repulped for the next paper I make.  However a couple worked out quite well, and showed me the next step to take.




Here you see the molded pieces and the tiles they came from, plus the shell core I used for a shape.  They worked okay for starters, but are not the finished product I hope to get. 

When I make my paper, I'll make it  sturdy, to keep the shape clearly when unmolded.  I took pix from two angles so you can see how important the fall of the light is for white on white molded paper.

And here's a sheet of rough ideas for insects to be worked possibly in goldwork.


4 comments:

Ash said...

I am so fascinated by this process. Your curiosity for art never ceases to astound me; I am eager to see more of this project unfold.

Magpie's Mumblings said...

Coming to your blog never ceases to be interesting. You do so many different types of art and I seriously doubt you would ever be bored!

margaret said...

how ell these have worked, you can really see the designs on the paper

ari_1965 said...

Teapot lid