Monday, August 22, 2016

Plein Air august 22

Perfect day for out of doors, temp in 70s, low humidity, made to order.  Catherine and I had the park to ourselves, and had a wonderful morning's art and chat.

I learned a lot from talking with her about many subjects, very interesting convo, and I learned a few things in my own art.  One thing I did by accident was take a pic as my tablet was slipping out of my grasp, and got an image I plan to print on silk.  Very happy accident there. And it reminded me that I can print out other watercolors on silk, following on that experiment.





 Full disclosure: this is the accidental exposure, which I like a lot.

 Here's an ink drawing of the path down to the canal towpath, with caran d'ache watercolor crayons over it, damped slightly and blurred around


 Drawing finished in watercolor with brush


 Straight watercolor, no ink.

As you see, there's a lot to learn in even a simple plein air session making small artworks in good company.

1 comment:

  1. That's how I felt about the drawing I did in the LWS paddock yesterday, with Azalea and Campion for company. Plus there was Added Excitement when the delivery truck came, and a Strange Man walked past the paddock carrying two big boxes!!
    Don't tell me life isn't rich and full ;)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for commenting! it means a lot to me to know you're out there and reading and enjoying.