Monday, February 8, 2016

The planet suite finds some habitat

A couple of the planets have now found their home in a frame.  As you see, there's a painted  backdrop, and I've also painted the frames to work better for the artwork.  Solid black too obtrusive, so I made one gold and one metallic green.

I have two more planets to frame, maybe another will happen too.

But I thought you'd like to see their progress to date.  

And to see closeups of the painted frames.

You know how to do this?  metallic liquid acrylic, paint a coat on one side of the frame with a sponge brush, then quickly apply crumpled up plastic or saran wrap, pull it off right away, and you have some really interesting effects.  Do one side at a time, since acrylic will dry too quickly for you to work it otherwise. You have to manipulate it a bit, but that's something you can learn quickly.  You can do this on any nonporous surface.  It spiffs up items a treat. 

Of course, once again I find myself trying to paint and frame at the same time.  Inadvertent multitasking.

1 comment:

  1. your planets look so good in the frames and the way you have painted the frames is pretty impressive love the look the scrumpled plastic gives


Thank you so much for commenting! it means a lot to me to know you're out there and reading and enjoying.