Tuesday, January 5, 2016

Wool on Wool Adventures

Here's my try at wool on wool, as taught by Ginny at the embroiderers' guild meeting on Sunday.  Just testing the method.


 
This was quite fun for a cold day.  I used mostly scraps from her leftover bag rather than the circles and other shapes she had cut..so typical, as she said, that I would go for the negative space. The green motifs on the right are not stuffed, that's just an illusion created by the black stitching. I'm sure you'll recognize the Rule of Three at work here!

And, since a lot of people read this blog on a handheld device which turns the image as you turn the device, so you can't turn it upside down, here's the other way up if you're interested in seeing which you would prefer

 
They're two separate items, just put them in the same pic to show you two approaches. All the pieces were donated by Ginny.  The colors are not very true on here, more subtle in rl.

These might become needlebooks, but I need more felt for the pages and don't seem to have any to hand at the moment.  

1 comment:

  1. liking the effect you have here, shame you are not round the corner have quite a it of felt I cold have shared with you

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for commenting! it means a lot to me to know you're out there and reading and enjoying.