Monday, September 8, 2014

Wilderness project update

I'm done for the moment with butterfly wings, and they are safely stowed till the rest of the piece is ready for them.  So now I'm working on a little lizard, or salamander.  



I drew and cut it out in yellow felt, stitched the shape down, forgot to take a pic of it, sorry, and now you see my original drawing next to the current state of play:  the lizard is being given a coat of the same sparkly ribbon I used on the luna moth's wings.  

I'll stitch this down all around then proceed to make it nice looking.  The left hind foot will be stitched entirely. This is a different form of stumpwork, where padding is used, and the outer edge will be stitched closely same as the butterfly wings, so as to cut it off its background ready to install on the final work.

This afternoon is all about rain, so this will be a good stitching time.

3 comments:

Thank you so much for commenting! it means a lot to me to know you're out there and reading and enjoying.