Tuesday, December 31, 2013

Beading and couching go on

I've started adding in couching to this green and purple section. I love green in my surroundings, just look at my house,but in art I find it a difficult color to work with, tends to go all heavy and sort of sad (did you know that sad actually means heavy??? as in sad-iron, etc., where was I, my inner etymologist took over there for a minute). 






Anyway,I'm lightening up the green with couching in gold braid, using a medium green floss, two plies, to secure the gold. And there will be more couching,maybe more beads, I'll see how the couching looks before arriving at that decision.

2 comments:

margaret said...

looking good but I disagree with green being sad, I love the shades and surround myself with a lot of green, mind you I do get very down sometimes so maybe I do have too much green

Boud said...

Green is heavy, for me,in art,largely because it's an optical mix. I did say that I have a lot of it in my surroundings. Different concept, using color in art and living among it! my house, as I said, is full of green.

But the challenge in art is that green pulls down its surrounding areas and you have to compensate for that.