Monday, September 2, 2013

It looks as if a wild cherry tree is trying to emerge

As I started work on the piece, the shapes began to emerge more clearly and it looks as if a wild cherry tree wants to appear here. So I've couched the trunk and a couple of branches in goldwork, and I'll do more of the fruit and leaves you see here, as I go. 








This is definitely a design as you go piece,and I like very much the gnarled effect I got by crossing the gold thread here and there, instead of having it parallel like a flow of water,not right for this context.

I've been studying embroidery on my Kindle, and now fancy a bit of vining around the trunk,maybe in a green, we'll see.  All kinds of ideas are coming at me.

3 comments:

  1. your creativity is flowing so well on this piece

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your stitchery never ceases to amaze me. I love it already.

    ReplyDelete
  3. this piece of fabric looks really different with the stichery you had.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for commenting! it means a lot to me to know you're out there and reading and enjoying.