Sunday, February 3, 2013

Freeform Stitching by Free Women!

Today I conducted a workshop for our chapter of EGA (Embroiderers' Guild of America) which I'd designed on Freeform Stitching on Silk.  I dyed a lot of silk squares, all different, many different techniques and colors, so participants could choose, then we explored how to look at the shapes and colors, how to select contrasting and toning colors to work on, how to proceed with a freeform adventure.


What a great group of friends and stitchers and students.  We had a great afternoon together and now I'm planning on a little glass of wine to end up the day..

I'm hoping to show you finished products one of these fine days, because what shaped up this afternoon promises to be great stuff.

Silk squares set up ready to choose

The flosses set up awaiting the stitchers
Front page of five page tutorial

Padded hoops ready

My camera! No, mine!

Okay, it's yours.

Choosing flosses

Studying design problems

I have a couple of the silk squares available, my choice of color, at $15 US each, let me know if you're interested.

5 comments:

  1. looks like a good day was had by all here, the silk fabrics look lovely

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had to be a very interesting work session, isn't it ?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like a great deal of fun was had by all. Lovely silks!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That looks like so much fun. Wish I could have been there.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for commenting! it means a lot to me to know you're out there and reading and enjoying.