Saturday, November 24, 2012

Blink! my part of the Traveling Art Journal

Remember the art journal I built, for our local artists' association to pass around and contribute to? 
here my kitty Duncan plays happily with the ties before I wrap it to send to the next destination.

My own page in the journal is named Blink!
  -- it's four strips of landscape fixed onto the page sequentially as if the viewer is seeing a strip at a time.  Which is just about what we do in real life, only glancing rather than looking.

And in another part of the journal I inserted a little painting, not pictured here, since the recipient doesn't know about it yet.  She'll get to see it next time the journal's in her hands.

5 comments:

Magpie's Mumblings said...

It definitely is a trick of the eye - when I first looked at this I saw a unified whole and it was only when I read your text that I looked again and realized it wasn't. Impressive!

margaret said...

what a lovely journal to create with others, look forward to seeing other pages when you get it back.
Your page works very well indeed

Anonymous said...

I like your painting very much.

Cathy Holtom said...

The sketchbook must look great on display, well done!

Isabelle said...

your cat looks like mine.
the landscape is beautiful. it looks like a sunny summer morning.