Sunday, April 8, 2012

EDM April8 ink drawing of sofa area

In between various cooking things for Easter Sunday, son expected here shortly for dinner, I made an ink drawing, with wash, of the sofa area of the living room, with the afghans and multiple pillows beloved of the cats. They were busy with their morning nap on the beds, so they don't feature here.
This is done on Arches Hot Press Bright White, a wonderful glassy surface for ink drawing, and if you've never used it, do try it. It's expensive, but so worth it. And very much so if you make your own books for drawing and painting. Arches have been making paper since the fourteenth century, and I love to be part of that tradition by using it. I buy the big sheets which have deckles on all four sides, but I did break a sheet down to make a series of small sheets for drawings which will eventually be kept in a book or folio yet to be made. These are about 8 x 11 inches, sorry, didn't measure and now I'm on a different floor.

10 comments:

  1. This one is awesome!!! TFS :) Your EDM friend, Rebecca.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Liz,
    What a fantastic drawing. Truly wonderful.
    Stew.
    stewcrowther.wordpress.com
    _________________________

    ReplyDelete
  3. Really like the sketch! It's got a lot of details

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice sketch, in the real spirit of Every Day Matters!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great sketch! I used some of this paper just today. You are right; it is expensive! Though I have quite a bit of it, I tend to use the cheaper stuff for my sketches. I know, I should value my work more than that, but I freeze up when using the good stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great sketch, you get a feel of how comfortable the room is.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great sketch, I also love Hot Press Watercolor paper, but I admit that because of price I don't usually purchase Arches, Fabio is more my speed, still expensive, and I only use it for serious drawings - in other words I don't "sketch" on it. I have been using Stonehenge lately, a less expensive paper but still nice to use ink on.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fun sketch - and a great memory of your Holiday.

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a super sketch - so much detail and the perspective is so well done.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for commenting! it means a lot to me to know you're out there and reading and enjoying.