Friday, April 6, 2012

EDM April 6 white violets

Out walking today, I saw banks of white violets at the edge of a little strip of woodland, no scent, but lovely shape. So it seemed like a good time to add a little bit of color to the drawing for the day. Mulberry paper, waterleaf, no sizing, is not for watercolor, so this is very purist drawing, with just a bit of crayon or chalk added for emphasis. I really love the shape of these pages, and the laid texture of the paper
A closeup of the same drawing
Two pix I took, which gave me the feeling of wanting to draw them as usual by selecting only a few parts to draw. I brought home one violet to study for its architecture and she obligingly modeled for me.
.

4 comments:

  1. with the spring, my father's garden is full of small violets, purple and white. I love this flower.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such pretty little flowers - both the 'real' ones and the ones in your drawing.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for commenting! it means a lot to me to know you're out there and reading and enjoying.