Wednesday, April 25, 2012

EDM April 25, the artist's hand



This is a drawing of my hand steadying the book while I work in it. I wear two rings since Handsome Partner died, his and mine. His is bigger so I keep it behind mine so as to keep them both on my hand. In this case I'm drawing with my right hand, but there's no reason not to draw with the other. If you never tried drawing with your nondominant hand, you might be surprised at how well you do. It's not the hand that draws, it's the eye.

Mulberry paper, Pilot Pen fine black. Click to enlarge.

5 comments:

  1. I love this - such life and character in this sketch.

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the new link! Yes, I think this is splendid, and you're right - it's the eye not as much as the hand, that does the drawing! nancy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tu dessines merveilleusement bien ! Une vraie main d'artiste, noueuse et fine !

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for commenting! it means a lot to me to know you're out there and reading and enjoying.