Tuesday, October 6, 2020

Top in action


The top is finished and the wrists worked well. Boat neck okay, too.



And there are a few punctures and runs, from the late lamented Duncan, so I'm stitching then wabi sabi style, to decorate, not hide them.  I've done several, all different, a bit wobbly but who's counting.



This can definitely be worn in the daytime, and I have to see about making a second one, now that I know how. After I finish decorating all the punctures. It's very soft and comfortable, more so than the shirt I used as the template, softer kind of jersey. 

I may not hem this one, just let the fabric roll up as jersey does. I've shortened several bought shirts this way, and they look fine.

It would be easy to make short sleeved t-shirts with this pattern, or nonpattern. Or any length of sleeve, really. 

This idea worked okay.



9 comments:

  1. Well done! It looks great and I love how you decorated the punctures!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looking good!
    All that white, stitching is bound to happen?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's about it. I thought about colored thread then decided a white top needed whitework.

      Delete
  3. That is so lovely. I wish I could have seen some of the darning on the two pictures of you wearing it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It hadn't been done at that point. It's pretty inconspicuous in action, though.

      Delete
  4. Excellent and you are looking very well Liz.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I'm doing okay. Hoping you are too. Going into spring.

      Delete

Thank you so much for commenting! it means a lot to me to know you're out there and reading and enjoying.