Thursday, September 3, 2020

Pockets, aka, artworks

 I created the patch pockets and lined them with silk. Pinned in place now.










This is satisfying stitching to do. Choosing the thread, cutting, pinning. The added touch of folding the outer fabric over the lining at the pocket top for a good finish. I'm  thinking  of adding arrowhead reinforcements to the pocket  top corners. After they're installed, that is.







I'm planning on adding panels to the front, for an overlap. 

Next up after stitching on the pockets and appliques on the back. Installing some embroidery.

This is a freestanding piece I plan to applique somewhere on the front. It's stitched on green linen. 

I think there will be appliqued stars on the back of the jacket, overlapping the edges of the bigger pieces.

The funny part about this work is that I keep ripping things down from the wall, out of their frames, to include them. 


12 comments:

  1. LOL! Taking things off the wall. Creative people are creative. Nice roomy pockets.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It;s like an art version of Winnowing, but more interesting.

      Delete
  2. Your making progress! I like the lining on the pockets.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was scrolling back to see your progress. I really like the pockets. What is your plan for those lovely leaves and acorns?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Probably somewhere on the sleeves. But it depends! I have another piece of gold work with my initials, you just reminded me. That should go on, like a satirical monogram.

      Delete
  4. You are so clever. I'm sure I've written that before, and will again, so I hope you don't get tired of hearing it. I'm sitting here chuckling over you taking things off the walls to include on this garment.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Remember I mentioned an inside pocket? I found just the thing, piece of german white work on linen, white so not right with the outside, but a nice size for a pocket. It's currently framed but not for long.

      Delete
  5. For some reason when you mentioned a 'robe' I envisioned something closer to floor length. I guess all the ripping down from the walls is going to free up frames for further artworks down the road. Ever evolving!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Floor length is not safe for me on stairs. But I will probably add to the hem as I go, and lengthen it.

      Delete

Thank you so much for commenting! it means a lot to me to know you're out there and reading and enjoying.