Friday, September 4, 2020

Lint collection

 Stitching today was mainly stitching down what you've already seen pinned, not exciting for the viewer, though very satisfying to the stitcher.

However, getting ready for papermaking, here's my collection of lovely clean lint from Joanne's loom.

 The latest gift arrived today. It's so cool to receive a soft envelope, very mysterious, every now and then.

The colors will be familiar to readers of her blog Cup on the Bus. 

I'm going to include this material in upcoming paper. I'm stitching  the moment partly because my outdoor papermaking plans are on hold. The allergies struck back yet again and I can't spend more than a few minutes outside at the moment. Mold spores from recent storms probably. But I will get there.

And when I do I'm making paper, so there.

5 comments:

  1. It's fun to hear your excitement over lint!

    ReplyDelete
  2. If I keep at it, there could be grass green, too. Happy linting.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so much fun to watch you work in six directions, it's inspiring. Right now I'm up to the eyes in stacking wood, when that's done (and the husband has finished cleaning the chimney there) i'll be thinking about getting back to weaving. I've had a piece on the loom for all summer, and it's time to finish it up.
    I noticed the past few days outside my eyes are itching and we both are sneezing, Im thinking, ragweed. We've had a lot of wind lately, and ragweed LOVES the wind.
    If there's any in your neighborhood that could be as much a problem as mold spores...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There's plenty of both. But the worst attacks come after rain, when the pollen count is lower. Wind doesn't help, you're right there!
      Glad to hear the weaving will return. I didn't ask when I noted you were dealing with wells and wood. Another w couldn't happen.

      Delete
  4. I've never seen such beautiful lint. I'm seriously wanting to know the process for making these sheets. Hopefully I'll find it on Cup on the Bus. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for commenting! it means a lot to me to know you're out there and reading and enjoying.