Thursday, July 16, 2020

Tiny hexie project

Since I don't have the bandwidth right now to continue with the constellation piece or the cut-out top, I started a little project.

I had a bunch of hexies and templates left over from a pillow, so I'm making a needle pillow.



 These two sides will be attached, pillow style, and stuffed, and I can slip needles in.

 I don't do well with needle cases, tend to get the pages pinned together. I like them but since I'm not traveling with my work right now, this pillow will do the trick. Also it's about right for my current ability. And it will keep my needles out of the pincushion.


4 comments:

  1. How pretty! It looks like the start of a Grandmother's Flower Garden.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know very little about traditional quilt designs, so I need to look this up.

      Delete
  2. It's catching!! Hexies are so much fun as I'm discovering with my project. I was sure I would lose interest in them but not so far. Hopefully I won't until my big project is done!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And you tend to have leftovers. These were cut out for one of the pillows I made last summer. So I was able to use them right away.

      Delete

Thank you so much for commenting! it means a lot to me to know you're out there and reading and enjoying.