Thursday, July 16, 2020

Needle pillow in action and a chance find

I finished the needle pillow and went in search of needles to install. And found I can not lay hands on either of my needle cases. Looked in bags, drawers, everywhere, not a trace. 




So instead I installed the miscellaneous needles I found stuck into various bits of paper, probably when I couldn't find my needle cases.



Including this much punctured knitting pattern for EZ  baby booties. I've never known a baby, EZ or otherwise, keep booties on. They might work for teddy bears, come to think of it.

I do have an impressive box of needles, all sizes, from the minute ones I used to use for miniature needlework, to ones for dolls, upholstery, carpets, bookbinding, needles for all seasons. 

But the new pillow, which I really like, is for the more usual sewing and beading. My crewel needles for stitching knitting are too blunt to go in here, and they have their own home in the Bag of Knitting Tools, Some Mysterious. 

After an exciting day q.v. https://fieldfen.blogspot.com this was a peaceful way to spend the evening.

3 comments:

  1. Perfect! I would like to think I would be organized enough to sort my needles into sizes/uses and place them in their own 'petal'. You'd think I would be. But I know better!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well yes. I thought I was doing well just finding them and stabbing them in!

      Delete
  2. I like your needle pillow :) I have a box of needles in a sewing box that may one day be sorted. Maybe. I don't know why I have so many and I don't recall ever buying some of them?

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for commenting! it means a lot to me to know you're out there and reading and enjoying.