Monday, May 25, 2020

Current state of cashmere play

So here's where we are. All the cashmere fluff dizzed and spun, with some nubs discarded, and hair and bits of grasses and seeds picked out.

And I've been knitting it. My smallest needle is a size 2, bamboo, very good material for this purpose. A size one would have been even better but I didn't have one.



And here's what's up. I knit and think, knit and think.. and what, you ask, is this going to BE? You see the pinback there ready to be stitched on when the knitting is done and played with a bit? That's a clue.

Beyond that, don't ask me, I only work here!

6 comments:

  1. A lovely pin! I can't wait to see what kind of pin it becomes. I don't know how you manage to knit so tiny - my eyes would not cooperate for that size I am afraid. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. When you work small it's about feel as much as seeing.

      Delete
  2. Can't imagine knitting with needles that small - 2.5 for socks is about as low as I dare go.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ive knitted with straight pins, back in miniature making days. When you get your eye in, it's manageable.

      Delete

Thank you so much for commenting! it means a lot to me to know you're out there and reading and enjoying.