Tuesday, November 19, 2019

Patchwork applique in progress

Here's the start of the applique caper, using patchwork coins and the leaves I overstitched a while ago. There will be more to this, but this is where it is right now.



The other pillow I'll do differently, cutting the fabric to reveal the patchwork behind, forget the name of that technique. The idea will be that they'll work together but not duplicate each other.

This is really awkward work, because it's a completed pillowcase, hard to work without catching the back of the fabric into the stitching. I tried a hoop which was no help, and now I'm working with a magazine slid behind the stitching surface and that's working better. As is slowing down and breathing.

6 comments:

  1. just catching up on all your activity. Very interesting and it does help to breathe.

    ReplyDelete
  2. And I've remembered the name of the technique I'm trying next--intarsia, or inlay. I have to think how to do it. Because of course I can't just follow instructions. They usually don't apply to what I'm doing anyway. Watch this space!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really like it. There's a playful, happy feel to it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you. I'm thinking balloons and leaves flying about.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It never ceases to be interesting to see what you're up to. Amazing how often I say to myself that I could do that....and then remember my to do list is already longer than I will ever accomplish in this lifetime.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's always the rub. So many paths, so little time.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for commenting! it means a lot to me to know you're out there and reading and enjoying.