Saturday, November 23, 2019

Iris-dyed cotton lawn

Two sections cut from too-long shirts. I had to photograph them against white paper to show the color. It's delicate, green, with pinkish areas here and there. It looks more brown in the picture.



This will be a good addition to the piecing collection.



And in the course of organizing my small fabric stash, I found more silk pieces that can join the collection for the wall hanging.

Now I'm deciding what color to dye the linen piece I mordanted along with the cotton.

2 comments:

  1. Silk has to be my favourite fabric, particularly dupioni. I like to just fondle it. You have an interesting assortment of colours.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the silk chiffon best, I think. About as close as you can get to invisible while still being able to stitch it.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for commenting! it means a lot to me to know you're out there and reading and enjoying.