Wednesday, November 27, 2019

First steps in the wallhanging

Here's the figure from the hanging, executed in silk chiffon. Overstitched all round the edge.  Released template in the lower pic.




The design is a printout of an artwork of mine originally made in Tyvek and beading and long since gone into a collection. Since I still have the scan, I can print more if needed.

It's not yet pressed, and I may think about whether I want to press it. It's lively this way.


And here's a look at how it might work in multiples, using the magic mirror. Here it's still on the template, and you see how different it is before it's released.

Quite a few possibilities here.

2 comments:

  1. Such a pretty colour in that fabric - would be perfect as water in a landscape I think.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love transparency, and this complex shape and the delicacy of the piece does all sorts of interesting things for me.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for commenting! it means a lot to me to know you're out there and reading and enjoying.