Sunday, September 1, 2019

Yet more hexies

Hexies to date.


This is getting to the point where my fingers are going through folding and stitching motions without any conscious direction. It's possible that I may have to be treated for withdrawal when I get them done.

These are all stitched into groups of seven. The color waves are not thought out yet, but I think it will work something like the above, yellows sweeping over into blues and pinks. Anyway, grouped in some way.

It's starting to look as if I will be making a 20"x16" framed piece of them, with silk printed images stitched on top, a kind of kaleidoscope effect. This size is my default, I think. A lot of my work does best at that size.

At least, that's the plan.

4 comments:

  1. something magical about hexesl isn't there. and so blessedly hard to stop fitting them together...I would suggest tapering off slowly, you might dislodge something otherwise.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My son was visiting this afternoon, and did look at me searchingly when he saw the totality of the hexie situation. But he quickly got involved in playing kaleidescopes with the magic mirror. Must be in the DNA.

    And he was trying to figure out ways that, with my understanding of software, much less than his, I had trouble grasping the simplest way he could explain, how I might print some great images from my phone. I'd been playing with the mirrors and made a lovely series of pix, from different fabric samples. If I can print them on silk chiffon, I have great plans about what can happen after that.

    Meanwhile they're only partway to printing. Very excited about this.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have only a faint grasp of what you're about, but it sounds fascinating. I work like that sometimes, in what looks like a muddle, but it's a muddle with a purpose and whatever comes out of it is EXACTLY what you didn't expect, sometimes, and it's better than what you'd planned.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I often have only a faint grasp of what I'm about! But at the same time I know exactly where I will be at the end of it. Probably.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for commenting! it means a lot to me to know you're out there and reading and enjoying.