Wednesday, September 25, 2019

Piecing lands happily

So here are the pillow makings. As you see,the batiks lift the cheap and cheerful fabrics up a level. And they pick up colors nicely but subtly. Liking this.





The rosettes are semi attached with fusible tape ironed on just to keep them in place while I stitch. After that I construct the pillows to toss on the sofa and cheer it up for cold weather. It's a form of winterizing, preserving the mood.

I even broke my duck (Yorkshire equivalent of pushing out the boat) and ironed a couple of shirts while the steam was going and they were to hand. I must be feeling a lot better.

I still have plenty of batik fabric for piecing. After the silk plans are done, that is. It's all go.

3 comments:

  1. Wow - I learned something! Who knew that an iron can actually be used for shirts. (and yes, I AM kidding).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, it's very unusual around here. You could live here years without finding that out.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Years? Maybe even decades (referring to Chez Magpie of course!)

      Delete

Thank you so much for commenting! it means a lot to me to know you're out there and reading and enjoying.