Saturday, September 21, 2019

Having your epp and eating it too

So here's the idea I got while being sorry for myself and my change of season cold: I found a way to satisfy the craft me as well as the art me, with one go.

The rosettes which I had a wonderful time learning and making, are now scanned and printed on silk for further art adventures.

Meanwhile, since the originals are now in such a different, functional, place, they will be great, mounted on the batiks I'm so pleased with, as two more pillows. Seasonally appropriate to spiff up the indoors a bit.

So here's the thinking for the first couple:



 I already have pillow forms I can commandeer, so all I need is to recover my energy and I'm good. Still need to find good fabric for the strawberry rosette background.

The batiks work well because they're so subtle and shaded, they play nicely.

And I'm far enough away from the protective crouch of just having made them, to let them be pillows that will be handled.

2 comments:

  1. Pillows are always a good thing - I think of them as adding comfort.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have quite a few I'm ready to change. So this might be the start.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for commenting! it means a lot to me to know you're out there and reading and enjoying.