Tuesday, September 3, 2019

Adventures in printing on silk continued

I've been playing kaleidoscope with the hinged mirror quilters use to see repeats as they design. But my idea was different.

How to print out images shot with my phone of different kaleidoscopic views, hereinafter referred to a k views because life's too short? That was the quest.

I need transparent silk images to overlay on my pieced work, and they need to be more than just pix of the work itself. I want them to be artworks in themselves, overlaid on the others.

So I found out how to do it, bear with me as I retrace this labyrinthine path. Hereinafter referred to as l path for reasons explained above.

Created album in picture function on phone, emailed to self, opened email on laptop, clicked on entire album, then selected image, then found zoom function, did that, hit control/print. Bingo.

Results of earlier scans plus k ones, orl present and krect below. Some on silk some on paper. There will be silk and paper weaving soon, incorporating paper piecing.



















Happy camper. Off to sit on the patio with a pot of tea and some chocolate walnut cake.

4 comments:

  1. Wow! wonderful......and appreciate the careful explanation. You earned your cuppa!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's great fun. Can't wait to get weaving some of these. That's where the paper shredder comes into play. It cuts straight, toothed edges, perfect for weaving paper. Never used it to actually shred bills or anything.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I dont think there's such a thing as an ugly k. picture, and they are all fascinating. I've done the same thing with a small homemade K.scope, making pictures from pictures. Amazing how much time you can spend on it...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, it's just a wonderful visual trip. In both senses.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for commenting! it means a lot to me to know you're out there and reading and enjoying.