Sunday, August 18, 2019

Holmwood done and future plans

Here's the finished rosette, front


And back




I've scanned them both, and I'll scan the other two rosettes, front and back.

The plan is to print out transparent images on silk, and layer the images in ways I have yet to decide! The backs are interesting in themselves.

I was reminded of the transparency option this morning while I was struggling with my printer to get vote by mail materials produced. I needed to scan and thought ah, that's the next stage of the epp caper.

Now that I have the scanner and printer cooperating, I can order the silk paper. So this reminder and new direction is a direct reward for doing my civic duty.

Maybe it's also slimming.

3 comments:

  1. Scanning onto silk paper - interesting! One of the other bloggers I read was talking about printing onto deli papers, which I hope to try at some point.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It makes wonderful transparencies. But it has to be an inkjet printer. A laser printer would melt the silk and the fixative and the backing and probably put paid to the printer.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm printing onto the silk covered paper. Scan the original, print from the scans. Which reminds me to scan my suncatcher stars before I forget.

      Delete

Thank you so much for commenting! it means a lot to me to know you're out there and reading and enjoying.