Saturday, July 20, 2019

Patches ready

Here are the 80+ patches, ready to organize in some interesting way. Each is tacked over a cardstock template. I got pretty good at this after a couple of dozen!



I grouped them with like designs, to see what I have.

 1.5" squares, laid out 9x9 would give  an approximately 15"x15" total square. Which can make a good pillow top. Or something.  Since the squares will be whip stitched together, there won't be any measurable increase in total area.

The main reason for laying out and counting was to see what I can make with this collection. The cutting and seam allowances have taken up, I estimate, about half the original fabric area.

It will be fun to push these around and see how they relate. You can already note how some designs move over into others.

This design is a beginner try, to see how the construction works. When I assemble them, I'll know what to do better, with more ambitious ideas. I already learned a ton from doing this.

2 comments:

  1. I just had a thought - when these are all put together....what if....an applique of something over the top? Use the EPP as a background, more or less.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hm. I'll remember that idea, thank you.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for commenting! it means a lot to me to know you're out there and reading and enjoying.