Sunday, March 24, 2019

Warped up and ready for next stage

After a pretty strenuous morning, discovering that the jig went lopsided because I applied too much tension, and I had to straighten it up and retighten everything, and that the warping thread tended to jump into knots, which I had to unravel one handed, while holding onto the warp to keep the tension, and various other ills, I did get the warping completed.



The jig has to be removed next, once I recover from warping.

But now you see how it works. More or less.

Those blue warp threads are slotted through the yellow warps, so that once the jig is removed, they will stay put, looped together.

This may or may not work, depending on how well the tensioning works. We'll see. The warps will all go slack when the jig's out, and I hope i can tighten them enough to work on.

But this is not bad for starters.

4 comments:

  1. Ah! finally understand. Looks like it should work. fingers crossed anyway.

    ReplyDelete
  2. See the exciting reveal post! Pleased overall with this.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Boggles my mind! Just the thought of juggling all those threads and jigs, and springy things that are bound to go sproing (I know that's not a word, but it's a good one and I'm using it) is enough to give me nightmares. Sez I, who tried to tie a knot in a piece of ribbon this afternoon and had the entire thing escape my hands more times than I care to admit!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's more manageable than you might think. You have to remember to keep breathing. And saying it's only a little weaving, it's not a nuclear launch..

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for commenting! it means a lot to me to know you're out there and reading and enjoying.