Tuesday, December 11, 2018

A day with no making really isn't one

I needed a change from the double knitting to something I could do while listening to a podcast, so I thought an improved granny square would fit the bill.

 

As you see, it has the approved number of corners and much straighter edges, now that I've found out the couple of things I was doing wrong. I would occasionally do a stitch that's more than a double but not a treble, when I was intending to do doubles. Hence the wavy edges in previous attempts, but at least  now I know how to get wavy edges on purpose if I want to. And I kept missing the corner hole because there's one exactly like it right next to it. This is how you add and subtract corners without meaning to.

Sorted, and my grannies look quite conventional now. I like a day when I've made something.

2 comments:

  1. Oh how I agree with the title of this post! I get antsy if I haven't spent at least a little time each day working on something creative.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's such an ingredient of a satisfying day, uf you're a maker.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for commenting! it means a lot to me to know you're out there and reading and enjoying.