Monday, September 17, 2018

Dyeing and felting made a dubious item into a lovely one

The dyeing ended yesterday morning after 12 hours cooling in the vat. Rinsed it thoroughly, dried and noted the improvement.



I used red onion dye I made last year and froze. A reddish color. The idea was to knock down the harsh green (opposite on the color wheel, color theory comes into play) and blunt the effect of the acid yellow and bitter mustard, both of which brought up a taste in my mouth. And they worked nicely. Partly it was the gentle dye change, partly the felting, just a bit, which created a nice fabric.


So we're set with this one. The second picture is a truer color.

 It's the same pattern as the one I knitted a few weeks ago.
A bit hot for modeling wool felt, but I expect days will come when I'll be glad to wrap up in it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for commenting! it means a lot to me to know you're out there and reading and enjoying.