Tuesday, September 25, 2018

Dorset buttons in production

This afternoon being one of torrential rain, it was a good day to make the Dorset buttons needed for the blue vest. So, before my hand started to cramp up, I got a few done. They're small, as you see, so I couldn't do any fancy footwork with the designs, just stuck to needleweaving wherever it fitted. I'd already tested that they would actually fit through the buttonholes.



When I do the other vest, I'll use a finer cotton thread and have a bit of a good time with more designs. The thread I've picked out is used for whitework embroidery, so it can stand some use, as buttons will need to.

2 comments:

  1. Wow - they're small!!! I think if I were making them I'd be spending more time picking them up off the floor than I would stitching. Little things and arthritic fingers aren't a good marriage.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm lucky that I still have finger dexterity, not quite as good as it used to be, but still good enough. I really enjoyed making these.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for commenting! it means a lot to me to know you're out there and reading and enjoying.