Wednesday, June 29, 2016

Daylily paper now made into art

There's now a series of  pieces, using the daylily paper,  pressed and painted and stamped, and here's the preview.   

This paper tends to curl and crimp, so I took advantage of that to paint the raised parts and stamp into it, then press it again under a heavy sheet of glass.  If you want very flat paper, you would leave the sheets on the felts, press them until totally dry, then probably leave them on the felts till you're ready to use them. This stuff has a will of its own, though and I like the effect of beaten metal you get with this approach, just working with its nature.








One of these is to go into a group show, the others may make their debut later.  There's a lot more paper to use, and many small scraps wonderful for making monotone collages, along with scraps of white paper I made earlier.  These pieces are to be framed in a plain wood frame, floated on a white background.  Not yet titled, but suggestions welcomed as always.

It looks as if I have plenty of work to be getting on with. And I plan on making onionskin paper too, probably would be more translucent, but we'll see.

3 comments:

  1. The last In Our Time podcast I listened to is titled The Bronze Age Collapse. These papers you show today make me think of bronze and beaten bronze.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do like these! I don't know why, but I like the idea of faces surrounded by this paper - the how's of it escape me, but I like the idea.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm loving the effect of that paper. Great colours.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for commenting! it means a lot to me to know you're out there and reading and enjoying.