Sunday, February 9, 2014

New woven and beadwoven piece is done

This is the piece I showed you in progress. It's 11inh,6inw






It's the concept of the cable junction boxes out on the street, created in woven embroidery floss and woven beads.  Very glad it's done -- five moving parts even after all the bits were woven,and the finishing was gnarly to do.  But it seems to be repaying the effort.

What I don't have yet is a title, yet again. Not big on titles, in fact Maggi Johnson, a great artist and  one of my early teachers and great encouragers and insisters that I start to exhibit said, well, dear, you know what you mean, and I know what you mean, but a title might let other people know what you mean, too!  so since then I've tried to name pieces.  Sometimes I need a little help.

5 comments:

  1. This is awesome. :) I am always amazed at how everything come together after the finish.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I sighed when I saw this creation, the sigh was for if only I could do things like this!!! It is lovely. I do not know why but waterfalls came to mind when I saw it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks so much! this was a long time making! the top woven part was on the wall for many months before I finally realized what should happen next. When I wove the top part I didn't know anything about beadweaving, and once I'd learned that it dawned that this was how to finish the piece!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I would love to comment on every one of your posts over the past weeks but I'm a bit pushed for time. Suffice to say they are all awesomely beautiful - flowers, butterflies, bracelets, goldwork, well you know what you've done. You never cease to amaze me with your creations.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Naming pieces would not be in my wheelhouse either. If I were naming this it would be simply 'cable junction' with maybe 'box' thrown in for good measure. Yep....very creative!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for commenting! it means a lot to me to know you're out there and reading and enjoying.