Friday, May 17, 2013

The Cellist

The goldwork embroidery on green linen, now entitled Constellations, is nearing a close, needs some more touches, but it's at the point where I need to not look at it for a day or more, so as to know how to finish it well.  I already have a frame in mine for it.  I'll show it when it's done.

And now the other drawing-becomes-embroidery is on the art horizon: this is an ink and pencil drawing I made the same day as the drawing which is becoming the source for Constellations. 
It's called The Cellist, and will be really interesting to stitch, with the shadows and shapes and the challenge will be to keep that frenetic movement going!

I think this one may be done on white linen, or beige, not sure yet. 

1 comment:

  1. this drawing looks so interesting, a big project ahead to transfer it into stitch, look forward to seeing it`s progress.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for commenting! it means a lot to me to know you're out there and reading and enjoying.